Looking for the best online casinos for Canadian players requires a mix of understanding both the particular needs of Canadian players and the makings a good online casino in general. Canadian-specific requirements include the ability to play with Canadian dollars as well as the option to play in either English or French. Then we consider essentials such as security, high payout rates, assortment of games and customer service.
The difference between a good site and bad, though, isn’t just about enjoyment or accessibility but giving your payment details to the wrong kind of site could lead to all sorts of cyber crimes that could turn a pastime into a nightmare.
Fortunately, though there are loads of untrustworthy sites out there or even some that are simply just a little bit rubbish, if you know what you’re looking for, finding an online casino in Canada to suit all your needs is really the very definition of straightforward.
Here are the most important things to look out for:
- Security. The first priority is to ensure that the site offers reliable encryption and security services to keep your personal and banking information safe. SSL Encryption is what you should be looking for, as a starting point.
- Accreditation. For further piece of mind, make sure that the site is accredited by a reliable regulation and accreditation organization (e.g. ECOGRA)
- Customer Care. The best online casinos in Canada offer 24 / 7 / 365 customer care in a variety of languages, across a number of platforms (email, instant messaging and phone should be the absolute minimum) any site without this, probably isn’t worth putting your trust in.
- Banking Options. Look out for sites that include a number of different payment options, in multiple currencies – though obviously the Canadian dollar is most crucial. Most of the best sites also offer a number of free spins (and welcome bonuses) to allow you to “try before you buy”. Note, though, that the options for deposits and withdrawals usually differ quite significantly so don’t worry if your favoured payment option is available only for deposits. As long as there are multiple reliable options, you should be OK.
- The Games. This is what you’re here for after all. Sites that use games developed by acclaimed software developers like Microgaming are usually your best bet. Different online casinos offer different kinds of games so if you’re looking for video slots, live casino games, roulette or progressive jackpots, make sure the site in question offers your personal favourite.
With that in mind, go out and play! For more information, visit our Online Gambling FAQ page.